Monday, July 6, 2009

Been a while...

Between working waaay too much and the holiday weekend, I have not been able to find time to post. Well, since Penny died, I decided to try a healthy Penny, but this one I had to pay for. This Penny has been in quarantine for about a week and a half now. Earlier this evening, I was working on the tank, and decided enough time had passed and I needed to get some photos of the new Penny. Well, things did not exactly go according to plan. I decided to clean the glass so that I could get nice photos. As I was scraping some algae, I accidentally hit the glass thermometer and broke it. This poses two problems - 1. the liquid (not mercury) leaked into the tank, and I'm not sure what affect it will have, and 2. there is now clear, broken glass in the tank that I can't find. So, while I was planning to go slow with this Penny and keep it in quarantine for a while, it gets to graduate to the big tank tonight! It is currently acclimating to the new tank, and should be going in there in about 45 minutes. In the meantime, I have to empty out the QT, make sure it is completely devoid of broken glass, and start it up again. Considering I have family visiting this weekend, it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon. So, for now, the photos of new Penny will have to wait. I also picked up a few new corals that I have to get some snaps of in the near future. All those lovely pics will come in the near future, I prom---errr--- hope. :)

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment