Monday, May 11, 2009

New Arrival

Well, I finally got the quarantine tank in working condition, so I decided to go get my first new fish since the cleanup. After looking through my various options at the LFS, I decided to go with a Royal Gramma. I know that I have tried this fish once before, but it died within a few days, so I'm not counting it. :) For now, I can't take any pictures because I do not have the new camera yet. However, once I get the new camera all set up, I'll have to get snapping.

While I was at the LFS, I decided to have a conversation with my trusted advisor about the new sump project. It was determined that a standard tank does not exist within the parameters determined by my stand. The closest tank I could find was a 15H, which is approximately 15 gallons, but narrower and taller (the "H" stands for "high") than a normal 15 gal tank. However, there is a small space issue with that tank. So, now I am looking into getting a custom tank made. Once I can start getting price quotes, it'll determine whether I can reasonably afford to do this project.

For now, I have high hopes that this will work out. I have researched overflows, rubble rock, deep sand beds, and other equipment that will be required. I will keep you posted on how things go...

No comments:

Post a Comment