Thursday, June 18, 2009

Penny Watch Day 3

Well, if Tuesday was Day 1, then today must be Day 3. Penny seems to be pretty healthy, although not eating as much as I would like. It didn't go for any of the blood worms I fed last night. The mysis shrimp were only somewhat attractive - only 2 bites. It loved the brine shrimp, though - ate probably 3 or 4 pieces. Last night, I was watching Penny play with the current created by the powerhead. It swims around the whole tank, not hiding in a corner, or inside the PVC piping. To me, that seems pretty healthy (with the exception of the eating).

Specifically with regard to the cysts, they seem to all still be there. I was told it might take a few weeks or even months (in rare cases), so I shouldn't expect any changes yet.

Tonight, I am stopping the medication, putting the carbon back in the filter, and doing a 25% water change. I'll let the carbon run for a few days, then start the medication again. Hopefully, this kind of cycle of medicating, water changes, and running carbon will keep most of the bad stuff out of the water. More to come (including pictures) in a few days...

1 comment:

  1. WhatYouSea sells coral frags on the internet for people with saltwater aquariums. A coral frag is a small piece of live coral that a person can add to their tank,and grow out. The niche should be blogs related to saltwater aquariums, and coral propagation and sales. Let me know if you need more information.

    if you want more just look here "coral frag pack"

    ReplyDelete