Sunday, June 21, 2009

Penny Watch Day 5

Unfortunately, things have taken a turn for the worse with Penny. Last night, it didn't eat, in spite of being fed brine shrimp - the most popular option to date. I thought I might have seen it breathing heavily, as well. Not a good sign.

This morning/afternoon, I went down to find Penny not only breathing even more heavily, but also swimming around on its side. This is definitely not normal for fishes, in general, nor have I seen it in Penny, so far. I did a 50% water change and put in a new carbon filter, to hopefully provide the best possible environment for Penny.

In the past, any fish that has swam sideways was generally dead in a day or two. I fear the worst for Penny at this point. I hope not to find it dead in the next day or two, or worse - next couple of hours.

I will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment