Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Purified... or Petrified?

Well, I broke down and ordered a Reverse Osmosis/Deionization (RO/DI) Water Purifier today. I realized that I don't have the storage space to be air sparging my tap water all the time, and efficiently do water changes. So, I'm going to skip that step, and use the buckets and shelves purely for aging saltwater... after I install the RO/DI. I ordered online to gain a reasonable discount, even with shipping.

I need to focus more on my ability to efficiently do water changes. This also means I need to be getting more heaters. I might try to ebay them to save a little coin, or I might go to the LFS and find the cheapest I can. It's only for storage water, so I can't kill anything with them. :)

Supposedly, I will be getting my protein skimmer on Friday. If they don't have it, I am going to be pissed... either I'm getting my skimmer or my money back on Friday... it's going to be one of those two. I really hope I don't have to cause a fight.

I also ran into some issues with Live Rock supply. Apparently, the only LR the LFS can get now is too expensive ($12-14 per pound), so I've been looking into ordering online. Even with shipping, I'm finding some really good looking specimens at around $8-9 per pound.

More blogging this weekend, I suppose... until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment