Monday, March 9, 2009

It's getting crowded in here!

The display tank (DT) now has a total of five fish in it. :) The Auriga Butterfly and the Blue Hippo Tang have made their way into the DT. I haven't seen Bubba since it was introduced into the DT over a week ago. I consulted with the crowd at Reef Central (http://www.reefcentral.com), and they have assured me that some gobies hide for weeks at a time. So, I'm not going to worry just yet. For now, I will just hope that he's not dead, and wish for the best (to see him soon). In any case, the naming has continued...

As you may remember, the Yellow Watchman Goby is Bubba. The two clownfish are Nemo and Marlin. In keeping with the Finding Nemo theme, I have decided to name the Blue Hippo "Dory". I'm tossing around two names for the Butterfly right now: Monarch (because it's a butterfly) and Budda - as per Nora's suggestion. Think "it's smoothe like Budda".

The quarantine tank (QT) now has two new inhabitants, as well. They are a Longnose Hawkfish and a Banggai Cardinalfish. I have already started thinking about names for them, as well. The Longnose will likely become Pinnochio (due to it's long nose and penchant for lying to me). The Banggai is a little more difficult to come up with a name. I was thinking... Banggai... Bang... Bang on a drum... drummers... Tommy Lee! What do you think? Too weird? Just weird enough? Post a comment or message me on Facebook with your opinions or any other suggestions for the fish names. Pictures to follow...

"I want to be a real boy", said the Longnose Hawkfish.

The dorsal fins are spikey, so I was also thinking maybe "Spike". Is Spike or Pinnochio better?

He's the party animal of the tank... and his girlfriend's name is "Pam". Perfect for Tommy Lee, right?
I was also thinking Arnold, because this picture just screams "whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?" (search for Diff'rent Strokes on IMDB for more on that).


Dory has made her home comfortably in the DT.


Dory swimming about in the DT.


Monarch? Budda? Either way, it's getting comfortable in it's new home.


Maybe I could name it Riga (as in, Au_riga)? Or Rita? Or Princess Consuela Banana Hammock... just making sure you're still reading :)
That's it for now... see you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment