Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Visit to Aquarium and Great Photo Opportunities

I had the opportunity to rent a really great lens for my camera - the Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 ED VR Macro lens. Let me just say, it is amazing. One day, it shall be mine... until then, I'll have to rent it for special occasions. In any case, I took a trip to the Atlantis Marine World (home of Larry, the Mantis Shrimp) Aquarium. Here are a few of the highlights of the afternoon:


Clam for sale at NERAC IV Sponsor Tank


Corals for sale - same tank


Sea Lion Show - got pretty lucky with the timing here


Yes, they also have lizards at the aquarium


Smile! You're on lizard-candid camera!


African Snow Monkeys - no idea what this has to do with an aquarium, but they were there!


I think this was my greatest shot of the day. African Snow Monkey.

Really big turtle.

Penguins.

Freshwater fish.

Freshwater fish.

Coral? Anemone? Not sure, but it looks cool.

One of the most beautiful fish in the coral reef tank - a Moorish Idol.

Feeding time in the coral reef tank.

Coral in the reef tank.

Coral in the reef tank.

Rosy bubble-tip anemone. In the full-res shot, you can see every detail of every wrinkle in the tentacles. It's amazing.

It looks like this anemone is reaching for the urchin.

I have one of these at home - condylactid anemone.

Blue lobster hiding out.

This is the largest lobster I've ever seen - must be 15 lbs or more!

No comments:

Post a Comment